In 2021, the American Association of Port Authorities plans to host conferences and events in various in-person, virtual and hybrid options, the organization announced this week.
Health and safety procedures will be followed at AAPA’s events, which include offering hybrid options for its Spring Conference from March 15-18 in Washington, D.C. and its 110th Annual Convention & Exposition from Sept. 26-29 in Austin.
The organization is also hosting seven meetings and training workshops for the maritime sector next year, including:
- Communications, Administration and Legal Issues Seminar, held virtually Feb. 24-25
- Marine Terminal Management Training Seminar, held in person April 19-23 in Miami
- Commissioners Seminar, held in person May 11-13 in San Diego
- Cruise Seminar, held virtually from June 21-25
- Port Security Seminar and Expo, hosted in a hybrid format July 13-15 in New York
- Facilities Engineering Seminar and Expo, hosted in a hybrid format Nov. 2-4 in Savannah
- Executive Management Conference, held in person Nov. 15-19 in Phoenix
“For 2021, we look forward to convening our industry again in safe and appropriate settings,” said AAPA Membership and Sponsorship Vice President Meredith Martino. “At the same time, we’ll continue to grow our AAPA Anywhere virtual offerings, including by adding virtual elements to in-person events to offer hybrid experiences, where attendees can choose the participation option that’s right for them. Additionally, should pandemic conditions force us to pivot away from individual in-person events, we have the capability to successfully move from in-person or hybrid events to fully virtual events as needed.”
For more, visit https://www.aapa-ports.org.