On Sept. 28, the National Maritime Center’s Regional Examination Centers will reopen for limited testing services in Anchorage, Baltimore, Oakland, Portland, and St. Louis, it was announced this week.
Mariners need to email for an appointment and include their name, mariner reference number, potential dates for testing, phone number and a copy of their Approved to Test letter(s).
Walk-in appointments are not allowed. Mariners must have an appointment for exam services.
Before taking their examinations, mariners will be tested for COVID-19 and those with symptoms will not be allowed in the facility and will have to visit another time. Face coverings must be worn at all times or be asked to leave. Fees for all exams fees must be paid before taking a test.
Test-takers should come with No. 2 pencils, photo identification, a non-programmable calculator, and plotting equipment. Other personal belongings will be prohibited.
To set up an exam appointment, reach out to:
- REC Anchorage – firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC Baltimore – email@example.com
- REC Boston – firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC Charleston – email@example.com
- REC Honolulu – firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC Houston – email@example.com
- REC Juneau – firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC Long Beach – email@example.com
- REC Memphis – firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC Miami – email@example.com or (305) 536-4331
- REC New Orleans – firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC New York – email@example.com
- REC Oakland – firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC Portland – email@example.com
- REC Seattle – firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC St.Louis – email@example.com
- REC Toledo – firstname.lastname@example.org
- MU Ketchikan – (907) 225-4496 (extension #3)
- MU San Juan – (787) 729-2368
For more, reach out to the Customer Service Center at 1-888-IASKNMC (427-5662) or IASKNMC@uscg.mil.