Starting this week, counter service appointments are available at several Regional Examination Centers operated by the National Maritime Center.
There will still be limited examination services. Mariners must make an appointment for counter and exam services and those who are late won’t be allowed and will have to reschedule. Mariners must be screened for COVID-19 and will be asked to reschedule if they show symptoms. Face masks are required unless mariners can provide health documentation. All fees must be paid upfront before the appointment. For exam appointments, mariners should have their pay.gov receipt, No. 2 pencils, photo identification, a non-programmable calculator and plotting equipment.
Mariners who want to schedule counter service or examination appointments should reach out to the following West Coast REC or MU:
- REC Anchorage – firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC Honolulu –email@example.com
- REC Juneau –firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC Long Beach –email@example.com
- REC Oakland –firstname.lastname@example.org
- REC Portland –email@example.com
- REC Seattle –firstname.lastname@example.org
- MU Ketchikan – (907) 225-4496, Ext. 3
For more information, reach out to the Customer Service Center at IASKNMC@uscg.mil or 1-888-IASKNMC (888-427-5662).