By Karen Robes Meeks
This spring, the public will once again have the opportunity to take a closer look at Washington state’s third-oldest public port with the return of the Port of Vancouver USA’s public tour program.
The port will host 10 free outings from March through September that will feature information about navigating the Columbia River, international trade, environmental stewardship, waterfront redevelopment and more. Each excursion will offer refreshments, a slide presentation and a bus ride tour of the marine terminals and industrial centers.
The two-hour tours are expected to take place:
• Thursday, March 19, 11:30 a.m.–1:30 p.m.
• Saturday, April 25, 10 a.m. –12 noon
• Tuesday, May 12, 5:30–7:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, May 27, 11:30 a.m–1:30 p.m.
• Thursday, June 11, 5:30–7:30 p.m.
• Saturday, June 27, 10 a.m. –12 noon
• Wednesday, July 8, 11:30 a.m. –1:30 p.m.
• Saturday, July 25, 10 a.m. –12 noon
• Tuesday, August 11, 5:30–7:30 p.m.
• Wednesday, September 9, 5:30–7:30 p.m.
Reservations are required and can be made by calling 360-693-3611 or sending an email to RSVP@portvanusa.com. Early RSVPs are encouraged. Government-issued photo ID is required. Cameras aren’t allowed on the terminals.
For more, go to www.portvanusa.com/community/know-your-port.